A bolt for a nut :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
The nut in this case is Jeff-the scroll master-Powell:biggrin: Hope you like it Jeff, if not, too bloody bad cos I've got blisters from filing!!!:biggrin:

Made with a 1/2 in SS bolt and segmented black PR. The black in the top half is supposed to look a bit like a scroll saw yoke with the thin line representing the small saw blade.

Hope you like it buddy:tongue:

Attachments

• Jeff.jpg
    Jeff.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 383
  • Jeff1.jpg
    Jeff1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Jeff2.jpg
    Jeff2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Dammit! :eek:

That is one crazy looking shiny masterpiece! I'm certainly in awe. It wasn't necessary, but you wouldn't see me refusing it!!! I hope my skippy pen isn't too shamed by yours. :redface:

Mr Vic

Beautiful.... Simply beautiful...All the bolts I find are old, bent and rusty?

Just glad Skippy isn't running the pen challenge....

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments.:biggrin:

Beautiful.... Simply beautiful...All the bolts I find are old, bent and rusty?

Just glad Skippy isn't running the pen challenge....

LOL, stainless doesn't rust and 'old' is good and normally free, and 'bent' is art:biggrin:

I've been watching Butch's Challenge with keen interest and I'm pretty sure his challenges are going to get a LOT more complex before he's finished. I've got my note book ready and I'm eager to see how he does some of his advanced stuff.:wink::biggrin:

ldb2000

Skip , my advanced stuff ain't nowhere near as advanced as your advanced stuff !!! I'm just a big city kid who's too cheap to buy a few pen kits , you are a true artist in stainless steel !!! That is another amazing creation .
I'll just keep watching the Master (you !!!) and hope to someday be one tenth as good as you .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yadda yadda yadda Butch.:tongue: Don't sell yourself short!!! More people ( including me) have learned tons of stuff from you than would ever admit.:wink:
If you don't believe me then check out the popularity of your Challenge topics!!! It has got to be one of the very best threads we've seen here for ages, so keep it up!! Please!!:biggrin:

PR_Princess

That is one sharp, and very classy pen Steven!! I don't know how you do it, but just keep outdoing yourself!! :biggrin::biggrin::tongue:
LOL but now you gave me a serious case of Jeff jealousy!!

...'old' is good and normally free, and 'bent' is art:biggrin:
:eek: BTW I don't even want to ask....

maxman400

WOW SKIP!!! After just finishing my stainless pen I can just imagine the work it took to complete this one. It's Absolutely Amazing.
BTW what does it weigh.

jttheclockman

Nice job as always Skip. How well does the acrylic adhere to the stainless??? Is there any chance of it falling out??? Thanks for showing.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
WOW SKIP!!! After just finishing my stainless pen I can just imagine the work it took to complete this one. It's Absolutely Amazing.
BTW what does it weigh.

Bang on 50 grams. (But don't tell Jeff, cos he's got little girlie hands:biggrin:)

..... How well does the acrylic adhere to the stainless??? Is there any chance of it falling out??? .

Not had a failure yet but I try to arrange it so that the CA has a better chance. If you look at the pic of just the rough metal bit you can see where I filed down so the hole in it is just visible. I then poked through with a thin knife blade to open the slit. Now when I glued the side bits on and added the tube, the glue has almost a keyhole shape bond. I also degrease metal before applying glue. I used a tube because I drilled too deep with a clearance hole for the bottom half of the mech.:wink:

Thanks again for the comments, but this one really wasn't that difficult or clever. There was a ton more 'art' work in the one that Jeff is sending to me:biggrin:

Top Bottom