Bolt Action Tec Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

This is a PSI Bolt Action Tec pen which I made for my son.

View in Gallery

The pen kit is the 24KT Gold with an Arizona Desert Ironwood blank that was cut on a bias. The blank is finished with CA.

One a bad note, the barrel is a little bit too long and as a result the refill tip does not extend past the end of the nib. I will be disassembling the pen and trimming the ends of the barrel to correct the problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I got off a little early today, and when I got home I went to the shop and got out my transfer punches, my pen vise grips and my stubby hammer. It took longer to dig everything out than it did to disassemble the pen. Now I just have to shorten the tube to the correct length and put everything back together.

OZturner

Spectacular Pen, Elwin.
I am sure your Son will Treasure It.
At the Top of the Blank, at the Bolt Mechanism Join, there is something at the joint line, is it a Chip, or just a piece of Fluff?
It is hard to tell, as the photograph could do with a Tad less Contrast.
Congratulations, on an Excellent Recovery.
Brian.

padiv

I turned one of these for my son as well. The "bolt" broke after a few uses. PSI never responded to my emails. I will keep trying so I may be able to get a replacement.

More4dan

I turned one of these for my son as well. The "bolt" broke after a few uses. PSI never responded to my emails. I will keep trying so I may be able to get a replacement.

I've had better response calling PSI customer service than email. They have always stepped up and corrected my problem. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

TonyL

There is a chip at the top end of the blank, however, when I shorten the barrel it will go away.

Hi Elwin..when you shortened the barrel, did the point retract all the way into the nib (or whatever the part that covers the point is called)? I have not always had success with that. I hope you do/did.

magpens

You know where the clip screws on ? ... put a dot of epoxy under that part of the clip.

I don't like wiggly clips.

Nice pen ... gotta love Desert Ironwood !!!!

Top Bottom