Bolt Action Saturday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dehn0045

Dehn0045

Two deer antler, desert ironwood, and a black palm. CA finish on all. I'm still working on my CA technique, I think these are slightly better than my previous few, but I still have some work to do. I'm also learning that the black woods are harder for me to finish. All C&C welcome.

Attachments

• 10308.jpg
    10308.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Sam, that's one good looking line up! Your technique looks good on this wide variety of materials. Practice makes all the difference as you develop you own particular CA application process. It will be different for all of us as temp, humidity, CA product, base material, material prep..... and more can make a difference. Don't stop hoss, keep em coming.

Dehn0045

Sam, that's one good looking line up! Your technique looks good on this wide variety of materials. Practice makes all the difference as you develop you own particular CA application process. It will be different for all of us as temp, humidity, CA product, base material, material prep..... and more can make a difference. Don't stop hoss, keep em coming.

Thanks Brian! It seems like finishing is an endless journey. I'm thankful for all of the guideposts I've found on IAP, but the journey is where the fun is!

Dehn0045

Those look really nice. I'm about to try my hand at one of those when it comes in the mail.

You'll like it Matt, it's a nice kit. Not particularly challenging, and assembly is a breeze, but the finished pens show real nice.

Top Bottom