Bolt action combustion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

Jonathan Brooks was nice enough to let me have a few his combustion blanks. Normally he back paints them black. I wanted to try something different so I did one with copper on a gun metal kit. Looks good but doesn't quite pop like his.

image-1913856301.jpg

image-3186569235.jpg

image-4102324125.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

A little over sanded on this one.Have you tried using Dico PBC to buff that fire up?

It is a little over sanded. If memory serves I didn't spin the blank and had a slightly out of round blank. Dico PBC? I'll say know since since that's the first time I've read that term.

Dale Lynch

Dico makes buffing and polishing compunds and wheels.PBC is is the final step for buffing plastics.It's what I use after 3M 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper.Like glass I tell you.Works just as well on CA and Tru-stone.I've stopped using scrath remover all together.

Brooks803

Another that I got to see in person. The copper reverse paint really does look good here. Great work Ty!

You will learn that he doesnt give away any of the good ones, he keeps those for his own pens, I dont know anyone that has ever made a combustion blank look like he does...Nice pen!!!

Hey now....if I remember correctly I laid out a dozen or so on Friday for you to pick from. You know as well as anyone it's the luck of the draw :tongue:

edicehouse

Now Ty, you said he normally back paints his black, but you didn't and you don't feel it pops like the ones he makes.....

The pen looks good.

jyreene

Now Ty, you said he normally back paints his black, but you didn't and you don't feel it pops like the ones he makes.....

The pen looks good.

But Ed, Why would I listen? Seriously though I was very tempted to paint it black but I decided that I wanted to try something new.

Top Bottom