Bolt Action Bonanza

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sataro

Sataro

Received a big order last week. This is just a few that I finished up since yesterday. Still got another 28 bolt actions to go. Then start on 15 ladies pens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 529
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Cool. Did they specify the woods or let you let you pick?

My choice on woods. I have a couple more wood ones to finish up. I may have two wood pens with the same species of wood. I tried to make all of them with different species. I'm going to start on bolt action & antler pens tomorrow. I will finish up the bolt action order with an assortment of acrylic camos. I may have around 8 different camo patterns, so there will be some duplicates in the camo line.

OZturner

What a great presentation of Bolt Action's.
Nice to see that Santa Claus has come early for you this year.
Congratulations Billy on such a great order.
Brian.

Sataro

Which bolt action kit do you use? Is this the PSI kit?

No this is not the PSI version. It is called the "Rifleman". Basically the same pen but it does not have the clip cutout so you cannot change the clip layout. Also it does not have the engraving on the primer end.

WriteON

Cool. Did they specify the woods or let you let you pick?

My choice on woods. I have a couple more wood ones to finish up. I may have two wood pens with the same species of wood. I tried to make all of them with different species. I'm going to start on bolt action & antler pens tomorrow. I will finish up the bolt action order with an assortment of acrylic camos. I may have around 8 different camo patterns, so there will be some duplicates in the camo line.

Nicely done. And the Camo's look real sharp on the Bolts.

Attachments

• bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Bolts 3.jpg
    Bolts 3.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Sataro

What did you use for finish? Those look great!

Joe, I used CA finish on the antler & wood pens. MM to 12k & then finish off with Hut Ultra finish polish. On the acrylic pens, MM to 12k & then finish with Hut Ultra polish.

Thanks for the comments.

Sataro

Thanks to all for the comments!

I finished up the 40 bolt action pens last Monday. I actually started a 2nd post with the finished picture. I should have attached the picture to my original post. So here is the bolt actions together. I still have 10 more princess pens to go but came down sick & didn't get them finished today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 124

Sataro

Flu bug put me a week behind on this order. My deadline for delivering it is Monday (12-16-13). As of tonight, I've finished the order & will be delivering them on time. Biggest order I've attempted & glad to see it finished.

Would like to say I'm finished & can relax. But I still have quite a few pens to turn before Christmas. Busy time of the year...

Attachments

• BAGROUP_resized_1.png
    BAGROUP_resized_1.png
    596.3 KB · Views: 100

Sataro

You've done a great job on those Billy. Congrats on finishing and delivering them on time.

Thanks for the comments Harry! I thought I could relax but it doesn't seem to work out that way. Since I delivered the pens on Monday to my customer, he has decided he needs more Christmas gifts. So now my original count of 55 pens has been increased by 38 more pens. I will be extremely busy in the next 3 days trying to knock out as many of these as I can.

rreidiii

You're as busy as Collins Street Bakery right now! You are probably going to be the only one who understands this.
Nice pens.

Top Bottom