Bolt action .30 cal wearing poltry clothes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

Did another of the 10 I purchased. This one is done in a self made feather blank with Lady Amherst,rooster and some small peacock feathers. Sanded and sanded again through nine colored pads and polished with Novus heavy/light. Thanks for looking, comments bad/good welcome.
Brian Kort
Southern Pen Designs
KnB Pen blanks.

IMG_8594.JPG

IMG_8595.JPG

IMG_8596.JPG

IMG_8598.JPG

IMG_8599.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Great job on the pen. Your fit and finish is spot on. I still have a few problems with the component set though. I haven't decided to like it yet. After seing your work woth it, it is growing on me. Thanks for sharing.
Charles

Ambidex

Very nice Brian, am wondering, have done a crapload of clicker kits for an order. How do these kits compare and do they feel like quality components? Am thinking about ordering 25 or so..thanks for any advice! Geo

Very nice Brian, am wondering, have done a crapload of clicker kits for an order. How do these kits compare and do they feel like quality components? Am thinking about ordering 25 or so..thanks for any advice! Geo
There is no click involved with this pen. It uses the bolt to push the ink cartridge out with the bolt handle/lever hooking into a notch. The spring on this pen is about twice as long as a clicker spring. you cannot really compare it to a click as it does not click. There is a small amount of play where the plunger? would slide inside of the body and there is no click mechanism to break. I would say this is a quality kit and the gold is very durable, unlike other gold pens I have done including the over under which scratches quite easily. Hope this help some.

corian king

Hello! I have done several of these.I have notified PSI about their instructions and they are redoing them now.My son-in-law did the first one and in following the old instructions it says to take the nib off and then press in the top but when you do that it crushes the threads so the nib won't go back on.PSI did contact me and admit the instructions are wrong and would redo them.But they have not agreed to replace the kit that got runied.Other than that they are nice kits.one handed operation.

Hello! I have done several of these.I have notified PSI about their instructions and they are redoing them now.My son-in-law did the first one and in following the old instructions it says to take the nib off and then press in the top but when you do that it crushes the threads so the nib won't go back on.PSI did contact me and admit the instructions are wrong and would redo them.But they have not agreed to replace the kit that got runied.Other than that they are nice kits.one handed operation.
I did take off the tip on my first one and pressed it in. The threaded part did come loose but did not break or bend.

JamesB

Thanks for sharing. I do like the feathers but I'm not sold on the bolt action yet but your pen is great! I may have to get a couple and give it a shot.

Jim Burr

Banned
Ok...so the bolt is the clicker? Holy rusted metal Batman...I gotta get some of those!! Just super amazing!!!!

Sold the first one last night. It was custom order for gunmetal and black resin with the rifle clip switched for the bullsey clip off of the .30cal twist. He also wanted the copper tip switched for gunmetal. on the lathe and off in 30 minutes.

IMG_8622.JPG

Top Bottom