Bog Oak...oh yeah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Picked up some very cool 1,500 year old Bog Oak blanks on eBay recently. First time I've turned this stuff and I like it a lot. Turns easy and polishes up really nice. The blanks are too small for most kits, measuring only about 1/2" wide, but work fine on Slimlines.
BogOak_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DWK5150

Pretty nice. Ive been thinking about getting some bog oak to try as well looks like I might have to cause I like how that looks.

Dario

I am a B2B guy but your design is very pleasing and won't mind trying it myself (if I can). I agree with Frank whole heartedly.

GREAT job!

Rudy Vey

Ed,
this is some nice wood. I myself picked up a number of blanks from the same guy and made a couple of slimlines and one Baron. The Baron and the slimline in satin nickel were sold on their first showing, btw both sold at, for me and my area, real high prices. The second slimline, in gold, sold two days later. I had made a little pamphlet about the bog oak and included a copy of the carbon dating, and all buyers really liked this.
My guess is that I was lucky to get some bigger blanks included, good enough for Barons and Perfect Fit Convertibles. Also, Tom Mullane (Old Griz) sold some larger blanks and he had even some for the largest pen models.

YoYoSpin

Thanks everyone... I'm sure I've copied these shapes from someone else, or at least compiled a composite of several other pens to get where I'm current at design-wise. The free exchange of information is what makes this little addiction of ours so great...feel free to copy or use as a guide, any pen shape I've posted photos of, in any way you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom