Bog Oak Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Thank You to William and Anthony. William traded the Bog Oak to me and I bought the nib from Anthony. I used a Sterling Silver Baron kit. This is my new personal desk pen. Sorry about the photography.

2005822212757_bogoaka.jpg

2005822212832_bogoakb.jpg

Thanks again guy's, I couldn't have done it without you two.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Wow, Wayne, glad I could be of some help. I made the same kit for my personal pen, now you've trumped me and I need to order a nib from Anthony. Since the terminal illness of my drill press, I haven't done anything with your incredible blanks. Now that I have the new one 99% assembled, I should be able to start working with your blanks, and Bill Jacob's angle cut cocobolo.

BTW, Wow again, and keep an eye on your mailbox.

wayneis

To tell you the truth William I didn't know if I had waisted the blank untill I completed turning and assembled it as the top barrel was so close. When I drilled it I was pretty scarred at how it ended up. Now I'm pretty happy because even though the photo is crapy it really does look good.

Wayne

Deere41h

Wayne.....That is one nice pen. I too am now thinking that I need to order a nib or two from Anthony...Really looks nice on that pen. Thanks for sharing it with us.

swm6500

Wayne, that is a nice looking pen. I have a piece of bog oak that with good drilling I will be able to get a Baron out of if I am lucky. Have to build up enough nerve to give it a try.

wayneis

Sam if its anything like what I started with the only problem it the cap, the bottom barrel I had plenty of drilling room. As long as you have a good drilling vice and you take your time and get it centered you should be fine.

Wayne

PenWorks

Great looking pen Wayne, I bet it writes as good as it looks [:p]
Never seen Irish bog oak in person, looks kinda like blackwood.
Well done !

wayneis

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Anthony the Irish Bog Oak is kind of neat, it at first looks black but depending on the light it has a green cast, kind of muddy. And it sure does write nice. I'm building a nice collection for myself but I'm only using very different and/or rare woods like this Bog Oak and a Sindora Burl and now an Ancient Kauri that I'll be working on soon.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom