Bocote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

I had a couple crosscut Bocote blanks staring at me earlier and went for something different. No BLO this time. 1 coat of thin CA, 2 of medium CA, then 5 of thick CA. The thick CA saves a bunch of time and is pretty forgiving when sanding and polishing. In the hand this pen feels very solid. I like the dark knot down by the end. Could have went a smidge lower where the center band meets the top but I wont say anything if you don't.......:wink:

Attachments

• Bocote - cross cut (1).jpg
    Bocote - cross cut (1).jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Bocote - cross cut (2).jpg
    Bocote - cross cut (2).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Bocote - cross cut (3).jpg
    Bocote - cross cut (3).jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 124

plantman

The knob on the end of the pen may not be the most streamline look for this style pen, but it does make it a very comfortable pen to write with for any extended amount of time !! The flared end allows the user to exert much less finger pressure on the lower barrel in order to keep the pen from slipping in their hand, and less chance of cramping in the fingers. Well done and great grain !! Jim S

vakmere

Thank you. Majority of my twist pens will have a flair at the bottom just for that reason. Some flairs will be more extreme and some slight. It's follows the contour of the fingers at that particular point. Then there are people who like their pens extremely thin. There I will make a straight profile with no curve. I also like comfort grips. Every body holds a pen differently so a variety of diameters are available.

Top Bottom