Board of Directors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

This is a recent small corporate order of sixteen(16) pens and wood cases that I recently completed. Received special help from Stan Cook at http://www.happyturners.com/ with the laser engraving on each of the cases.

Although the components (chrome, Jr. Gent V1) are the same, I try to establish a different look by using an assortment of woods both on the cases and the pens themselves. Try to give the customer a different look with each pen that I produce. Hope that you like these as much as I've enjoyed making/selling them. C & C are always appreciated.

P1010009.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010018.JPG

P1010019.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Peter, beautiful group of pens, what material is the gray spiral one

Hi Ken,

the gray spiral is a material called TEKWOOD, which is basically sawdust mixed in with pigments and adhesives. Turns into a very fine powder but it very stable and strong. Accepts a finish real well (CA, oil) and buffs to a nice shine.

plantman

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Peter; Pens are great !! I do however dislike these boxes because they cover up to much of the craftsmanship you put into your pens. I have tried thousands of different pens in these boxes, and have yet to find one that looks good in one. I think it makes the pens look disproportional and hides almost half of the fine workmanship put into the pen. I do like the open holder you have them all in though !! I make a simular single or double penbox to the ones you used, only I have a plexaglass window on the bottom so the full pen shows when opened, and you can still put the names or logos on the bottom. You could easly convert PSI boxes to this form. Just my outlook on the boxs. Jim S

PenPal

Peter,

Some endeavors yield mixed results, IMHO your work presented this way is unique, interesting and well thought out.

Commencing with the Boxes the recipients name is foremost in the displayed position initially the Company name is also prominent satisfying the Client. TPINTB (the pen in the box) displays much as it does in the pocket, like a well dressed woman it piques the interest
after all when all is revealed another revelation takes place when shown.

I am presuming your method of placing the pen in a baggie allows you to put explanations, timber used, refill instructions your name etc. If you were to use another type of receptacle for the pen your display would have to be rethought.

Congratulations on your individuality, the variety of timbers in both pens and boxes contribute to a tasteful selection and when the persons receiving swap views to each other the realisation that theirs is individually alike but separate in construction, after all most folks may see a hand made pen for the first time.

I look forward following the presentation to your feedback from the Company itself for me
personally Penmakers have a totally different outlook and expectation than receivers of
presented pens. Firstly it is a gift, then a reward for membership not a market where you choose and buy built to please the Company client firstly and in your case carefully constructed, presentation perfect restricted to an economic number of functions.

Well made, seen and executed mate.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom