BMW Jr. Gentleman ala Brooks803

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

I made this pen for my salesman that I just bought a car from a couple of weeks ago. Many thanks to Jonathon for helping with the custom blanks. He nailed the colors spot on and was 100% correct in not adding any pearl effects to the blanks. I popped out the gold button in the cap and replaced it with a BMW roundel that I found on ebay. Couldn't be happier with the results! Comments welcome and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2435.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2439.jpg
    IMG_2439.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Linarestribe

Looks great. Replacing the finial always adds a nice touch. Can you tell me the tools and process for getting it out.
I tried to get one out for the first time last night and couldn't. I didnt try to hard because i seem to break things when I force it.

Thanks
Jorge

Mapster

What a perfect roundel you found, the fit is great. Colors are spot on, that is one neat looking pen that any salesman would be happy to show off to potential customers. Well done

Brooks803

Cool! Definitely better without the pearl. Makes a bold statement. Your salesman will love it. Happy to help David. Now whatcha gonna do with the other blanks?

renowb

WOW! Really nice job, but shouldn't the salesman be giving you something?:biggrin: Just kidding! Great job for all!

omb76

I know what you mean... I just took a steel rod that I got in a Baron dissasembly kit and used that with a hammer and punched it out. Don't worry, you won't break anything.

Looks great. Replacing the finial always adds a nice touch. Can you tell me the tools and process for getting it out.
I tried to get one out for the first time last night and couldn't. I didnt try to hard because i seem to break things when I force it.

Thanks
Jorge

omb76

Thanks! I have another glueing up for a Majestic Jr. and then with any luck the rest will be sold at the BMW dealership. :biggrin: My sales rep said that "if I make it, they will buy it"...referring to the other sales reps there.

Cool! Definitely better without the pearl. Makes a bold statement. Your salesman will love it. Happy to help David. Now whatcha gonna do with the other blanks?

azamiryou

Wait, the salesman got how much out of you for the beemer? And he gets that awesome pen, too? We need to get him to join us and comment on the "how to become a better salesman" thread!

ericd

Have you seen the BMW gift shop. There are lots of people who would buy that pen: owners, enthusiasts, dealers. I showed the picture to my wife and she said,"Ooh, I want one!"

Nice job

Eric

RSidetrack

Very awesome!!! I need to figure out how to make a chevy one :biggrin:

As far as selling at a BMW gift shop and stuff, you have to keep it kind of on the down low - it is using a TM symbol of BMW. I had designed a shirt on that site "cafepress" and had one of the 2010 Camaro with a little saying. Within 2 weeks I was notified that GM notified cafepress of TM infringement and to remove the shirt/graphic immediately.

That being said - very cool pen, but I wouldn't go "public public" with it unless you want to give a percentage to BMW :rolleyes:

omb76

Thanks everyone! I just turned a Majestic Jr using the same blank and replaced the finial with a BMW roundel. It turned out even better than the Gent in my opinion. I sent some pictures of it to my sales rep so we'll see if he'll bite. I didn't promise him anything for free, it was actually his idea to come up with a BMW pen and he said that if I did, there would be some guaranteed sales there....we'll see what happens. Thanks again for the compliments and advise!

Top Bottom