Blue and White Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is another Challenge pen , it is a Kitless slimline (longwood style) made from Storm blue and White Linen Corian .
I used 2 7mm tubes and a 7mm transmission which were bought in bulk , and a clip from Elliot (www.penmakers.com) , so no kits were broken up to make this pen .
The Corian is great for this kind of penmaking , it turns and drills well and shines like glass when done
glasses-cool.png

I really like the way this one came out so I'm including it with the PITH pen I made for Nolan

1_coriankitless.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

I tell you, I don't like Corian. I almost would say that I hate it, but it's not quite that strong. This pen, however is making me almost eat my words. It's still a darn bland material (it's always a main color and little specks of a second color) but the way it comes together is really great. I'd say that it would be even better with another material, but this is still darn good.

I bet with Corian being so hard it lends some rigidity to the refill being pushed out so far, which is also a bonus.

PaulDoug

Great job. I love the look and feel of corian. Fun to work with. You did a supper job and great design. Where can a person buy pen parts, such as, transmissions.

ldb2000

Thanks

Thanks Everybody
Skye , I'm not a big fan of the looks of corian either but this color combination looks really nice together and yes the tip is very strong .
Paul , I get my parts (tubes and transmissions) from Jimmy at woodpenpro , he had the best prices and has super fast shipping , funny since he's in Hawaii .
Grant , I will be posting the PITH photos as soon as I get them out of my camera , the batteries died when I was uploading last night and I thought I was recharging them but someone unplugged my camera and forgot to plug it back in (it's charging now):befuddled:

bitshird

Not a great Corian fan either, but this looks pretty darned good, I'll bet a person could ream the tranny end with a .249 reamer and get by with out tubes in Corian

Top Bottom