Blue Palm Root, Majestic Pen- Contest Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

This is the pen that I entered for the contest. It was part of a set that I had an order for. The majestic kit seems to be well liked, this is my third order for a set. I had fun doing this. I loved the contest and saw so much talent. So much to aspire for and I was truly inspired. I am not sure if I would like to do kitless as yet, but certainly would love to try segmented pens. I have never done one, so if anyone has any articles or videos that they know of please do share. Of course as always C & C, tips and tricks are most welcome. I tried my new carbide tools to turn this set, and it worked well. Palm root is very fragile, but I got through without much of a problem. The palm root grain is much better appreciated when you have the pen in your hand, photos don't really do it justice I feel. It has a 3D sort of effect, which is unique. I've made a number of these pens now, and they are all highly sort after. It is finished with CA.

Attachments

• Blue Palm Root Majestic Pen & Letter opener kit.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Majestic Pen & Letter opener kit.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Blue Palm Root Majestic Pen & Letter opener kit1.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Majestic Pen & Letter opener kit1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic1.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic2.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic5.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic6.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic6.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 156
  • Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic7.jpg
    Blue Palm Root Resin Majestic7.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 142
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sean: The blank is incredible with the colors! Did you cast it?

It is a great match with the kit.

Wonderful work - I have "Blank envy"...

Have a great day! :wink:

robutacion

Wow Sean, that is a work of art...!

Fit and finish are superb, even tough the good close up pics, always show things that the naked eye can't see, you may have to introduce a buffing wheel system to get that CA surface flawless, burnishing lines are a pain to see but, most times, they are there, only a good buffing wheel and some good buffing compound, together with a magnifying light/lamp, can clean those up and give a supper deep gloss finish, very difficult to achieve manually...!

As for the effects/colouration of that Palm root well, that's another story, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Keep up the good work mate, you are doing very well...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom