Blue Lucite with a twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Got these Lucite blanks and some clips from Indy-Pen-Dance. I thought I would experiment a little with the blanks. I didn't quite get the effect I was after but, I will on the next one. As usual, the nib is aluminum. Comments are welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Your nib profile is nice Chuck, the stacked and rotated segments make it an interesting design. Over all its a great start even if its not quite what you were looking for.

SDB777

Rotating the blank looks awesome, what happened on the clip install...looks like too much taper, and the saw kerf made a 'seam thingy'?

Scott (still needing to figure out the clip install) B

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Is this the one you made me for Xmas!! It looks good to me Chuck. I'm really digging your nibs as well.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I really like it. The contrasting design looks great.
Thanks Eric! I got the idea from Justins Mosaic pen. He couldn't tell us where he got the blank so, I just started thinking. This one is close but, no cigar.

Rotating the blank looks awesome, what happened on the clip install...looks like too much taper, and the saw kerf made a 'seam thingy'?

Scott (still needing to figure out the clip install) B
Thanks Scott. I'm not sure. I screwed the finial to the cap as Justin said to do. Turned them together then recessed the cap to hide the clip ring. Maybe I didn't get it deep enough.

It might not be what you were aiming for, but I think it still looks pretty good.
Thanks Derek. I promise to get the next one right.:biggrin:

Is this the one you made me for Xmas!! It looks good to me Chuck. I'm really digging your nibs as well.
It's all yours Ernie! But, you have to come and, get it :biggrin:

Looks mighty nice to me. Love the stacked segments.

Ken
Thank you Ken.

IPD_Mr

Chuck I think you were right on with your idea to segment and rotate the pieces on that blank. Ig gives a real nice effect. What kind of glue did you use on the segments?

Papo

Naceeee!!! It looks like pictures taken from the shuttle towards earth.. Maybe? I'm a little spacy.I will call it space shuttle windows.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sweet looking pen.
Thank you!

Chuck I think you were right on with your idea to segment and rotate the pieces on that blank. Ig gives a real nice effect. What kind of glue did you use on the segments?
Thanks Mike. I used medium CA. Could have sanded the pieces a little more. Send more Lucite!:biggrin:

That is a really cool looking pen, Great job!!
Thank you!

Awesome work and cool effect Chuck.....
Thanks Lupe!

Naceeee!!! It looks like pictures taken from the shuttle towards earth.. Maybe? I'm a little spacy.I will call it space shuttle windows.
Thanks Papo! I hadn't thought of that one. :biggrin:

bluwolf

Pretty cool effect Chuck! You gotta bring that one by to show me in person. As for the details, I'm sure you'll get those worked out.

Mike

Top Bottom