Blue Lagoon - kitless - in the forest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

After three nights of turning broken pieces (I'll post photos later
tongue.gif
) I FINALLY turned something that didn't explode.

It's called Blue Lagoon, from Bear Tooth Woods. Really pretty stuff. I've found that I like the blues WAAAAY more after I turn them. I've been hesitant to turn them b/c they look so awful square.

Anyway - here we are - and probably one of my better clip jobs.

Also decided to photograph these in my wife's plants for a change. So easy to keep the pen from rolling around when it's stuck in a plant.

003.JPG

001.JPG
002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Yeah - I try to make them post when the customer asks for it. Every now and then I get it wrong - but I'm getting better. Usually, if I make the end of the barrel narrower than the threads (9/16" in this case) and work my way up to the thread size within 25 or 30mm, it will post pretty good. The line makes a big difference. If I curve the barrel out the entire length it won't post as well as if I curve the end of the barrel in a little. I hope that makes sense.

Gilrock

and then a pic on the IAP server for those who may not be able to see the pics from my server. :)

Beautiful work on the pen. I did figure out an easier way to see you're photos today. I realized I can click on the thumbnail pic in you're signature which tries to open you're webpage and that allows me to authorize the domain and then I just click the page refresh button. So no double-posting pics needed on my account. :)

watch_art

Thanks!
Cool! Glad you were able to work the photo thing out.

My school blocks 3 or 4 photos sites - only Flickr shows through - so I get frustrated surfing IAP and FPN all the time.

:)

Timebandit

Thanks!
Cool! Glad you were able to work the photo thing out.

My school blocks 3 or 4 photos sites - only Flickr shows through - so I get frustrated surfing IAP and FPN all the time.

:)

And your on IAP and FPN all the time at work why?:rolleyes: No kids to teach these days:cool:

watch_art

What? Teach the kids? They teach themselves! :)
My prep is during first period so I can do a little surfing then, and then lunch, and after school. I check it here and there during the day, but mostly not.

I get my nibs from Brian Gray, Meisternibs.com I think.
I buy in bulk so they only cost $12 a piece, instead of $20.

And I'm sure you'll be able to turn a custom pen - it's not too difficult.

Brooke Shields? :) The blue lagoon is the name of the blank color from Bear Tooth Woods. :)

Cheers!

glycerine

Man, how do you guys keep pumping them out like this? I still haven't finished my FIRST kitless. Granted, I don't get a ton of shop time, but am I just slow or do you get more shop time than me?!?
Great job on this one, it's a beauty.

Top Bottom