Blue Jeans, Old and New

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom D

Tom D

About two and a half years ago I saw my first demonstration of pen turning, it was on making a pen out of cloth. Six months after the demonstration I got a lathe and decided to try my hand at making one out of blue jeans. My wife got that one (the one on top) I have made several since then using different materials. I offered to do a demonstration at the September Pen Club meeting which is where the bottom two came from. Comments and Criticisms are welcomed.

I clicked to quick

Attachments

• IMGP4552_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4552_edited-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

very nice pens may i ask how uyou glued the blank togeather. the only attempt that i made at these didnt work very well

Tom D

It takes a lot of thin CA, some strips of denim and tough skin on your fingers. Lately I have tried using quilters finger protectors and that takes the tough skin on your fingers out of the equation. Glue the end of the denim to the tube, continue glueing and rolling until you aquire the size needed. I then continue to apply CA until the blank is saturated. after a day or so I process the blank as you would any blank.

Top Bottom