Blue jean cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So I got this blue jean blank from Landfilllumber's ebay page. It was pretty cool to work with. The only thing is when you drill it with 10mm for cigar kit the tubes fit tight! And since its jean material, once the CA hits it, it gets even harder to push the tubes in. I did get through that fine though. I turned it with no problem. I even did my normal dry sanding because I wasn't sure if I needed to or not. I then did 2 coats Thin CA and then 5-6 coats Medium CA. I did wet MM from 2400-12000. My buddy Larry stopped over and had me seal the ends too. I thought the pattern from Landfilllumber's method of making this blank looked pretty cool once turned. I can see me buying more of these from him. Let me know what you all think.

pen58-c.jpg
pen58-b.jpg
pen58.jpg
pen58-a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice sir, glad you are happy with the blank.I only use epoxy for my tubes(I had to many failures using CA to glue them in)so did not think about the CA soaking into the material to fast.That is a fantastic pen mind if I use one of your photos for my ebay page?I would mention who made it if you like or nothing at all.If you don't want me to use a photo no big deal just thought I'd ask as it looks a hundred times better them my pen/photo.Great job again,Victor

ToddMR

Thanks everyone. My dad is a carpenter by trade and has turned things but never a pen. He came over as I was turning the top portion and thought it was so cool turning this material for a pen.

Victor, I would be honored if you used it on your ebay page.

Top Bottom