Blue Ice Cebloplast Venus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mapster

Mapster

I recently bought some Mazzucchelli cebloplast and figured it would compliment the Venus kit perfectly, and I was right! The cebloplast has amazing depth and a look like no other, one of my new favorite materials! But it does have it's downsides also...

The cebloplast is 16mm in diameter and the finished size of a jr kit is about 14.3mm, so it doesn't leave you with much room for error. The cebloplast was pretty difficult to drill as well because of how easily it melts.

I hope you all like it as much as I do. Comments and critiques appreciated!

Attachments

• P1010053.JPG
    P1010053.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 377
  • P1010055.JPG
    P1010055.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010058.JPG
    P1010058.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010064.JPG
    P1010064.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome to penturning in the late 1990's!!!

Cebloplast was the material that made me reach for a water bottle as I drilled!! (Remember at that time there WAS NO IAP!!!) Today, I still recommend the water bottle, with a dash of liquid dish washing soap.

Which brings up another point: IF you use water while drilling, be certain the hole is completely dried by the time you glue in the tubes!! Particularly if you are using CA, as it will accelerate (spelled: the tubes will freeze in position) as you insert the tubes, if the "hole" is still wet.

This is NOT the most "turner-friendly" material, but that pen shows why it is worth the effort (along with making you a better "penmaker" with each skill you develop!!).

Mapster

Same here Ed! I went through about a cup of water with a little soap in it! Still took me about half an hour to drill to keep the temperature down. And luckily I made the CA glue mistake on another pen so I knew better on this one!

MattTheHat

As mentioned, Cebloplast can be difficult to deal with, but it looks simply mesmerizing once carefully polished. Very nice!

I have a Venus just sitting here waiting for me to figure out which material to use, but you've solved that one. I think I've got some coral colored Cebloplast and the blank vault that might look nice.

Very nice pen!

-Matt

MarkD

That's a great looking pen. Did you have to paint the inside of the blank or the tubes for this material?

Top Bottom