Blue / Gray Mosaic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LL Woodworks

LL Woodworks

Blue, Gray and black mosaic from Exotics; interchangeable sections for #6 Bock and Schmidt Roller Ball feeds and nibs. Both sections were turned from 6061 aluminum. Had a heck of a time photographing this one for some reason, never did get it right:confused: The aluminum was something different and was fun. Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• tn_Sig_05.JPG
    tn_Sig_05.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 297
  • tn_Sig05_FPa.JPG
    tn_Sig05_FPa.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 207
  • tn_SIg05_RB2.JPG
    tn_SIg05_RB2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 214
  • tn_Sig05_RB.JPG
    tn_Sig05_RB.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Lynn,
I think the pen looks fantastic!! Really like the way you merged materials.
I was going to do something similar...but you're one step ahead:wink:. Your section(s) looks great. I think your photos are fine. Great job!
Regards, Doc

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
you might step up the ev setting or do it in your software but the pen looks great I need to try that blank sometime. Nice design on the pen I like the shapes.

SDB777

That is what you call making a pen work for all the right kind of writting! Roller/fountain pen is a great idea!! Really like the shape of the sections on this, think you've found a true winner.

What is the thread pitch and such for your section? Or which tap/dies set did you use?

Scott (purty cool blank too) B

LL Woodworks

Thanks Paul, Doc and Mike. Scott I used 1/2-28 on the cap/barrel (gotta get a triple start 12 x 0.75 one of these days) and M10 x 1.0 on the section threads

Docholiday

Beautiful Pen! I have a couple of these shmidt nibs as well that I haven't tried yet. I'm guessing you can't draw up ink with a converter through the nib like you can a fountain pen nib. Has anyone tried this (I'm really hoping you can do this)?

Top Bottom