Blue Flake Minimalist design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello all.

Here is another of the 'minimalist' pens which I finished yesterday (I had been calling this line the 'simplicity' pens, but a kind member pointed out that this name was already taken by a large pen company, so I pulled that and will have to find another name...). This one also has the custom matching nib section, with a single-tone silver colour steel Meister nib unit that screws into the nib section. I am very happy with how this one came out, and was tempted to keep this one myself (like I need another FP...).

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sptfr43

Very nice! I have been trying, but for the life of me, cannot manage to make a section without it breaking on me. Are you using a collet chuck to make yours? I assume this is done on a metal lathe? Again, VERY nice job!

wizard

Beautiful Pen and outstanding craftsmanship!! Pictures are awesome too!
Hope you enjoyed your visit to Texas. Regards, Doc

drgoretex

Thanks for the compliments!

Randy - this was done on a wood lathe, using tap and die for threading. A collet chucking system is a must.

Doc - Ya, Texas was great, enjoyed it thoroughly. Left the heat, an woke up back in Winnipeg wednesday morning to -8 C and snowing...

Ken

wiset1

Really fantastic work! You really have to appreciate the detail and effort put into this pen. I look forward to more from this series Ken

Dan_F

Very nice indeed. Can't get any cleaner than that. A few questions:

Is that the #6 nib from Brian?

What size tap is required to thread the section to accept the nib assembly, and where did you find one?

Are the cap threads multi start, from the group buy tap and die set?

Thanks,

Dan

Old Lar

That is one beautiful pen. Great workmanship... My new goal. Thanks for the information and inspiration.

This is very nice, I would love to give this a try, but do not know wht all the different size taps and dies that are involved with different nibs etc... Also I am afraid of something cracking in all the thin sections.

drgoretex

This is very nice, I would love to give this a try, but do not know wht all the different size taps and dies that are involved with different nibs etc... Also I am afraid of something cracking in all the thin sections.

Funny, I was a little worried about that as well, until I took a close look at a couple of my favourite fountain pens, and noticed that the wall of the barrel where it is threaded on the inside for the nib section, and on the outside for the cap, is very thin but quite solid. So I figured the plastic I am cutting up can't be much different. And it isn't. One of our fellow members even makes his with barrel to cap threading that is 1/2 x 20, which I had trouble with. Works for him. Just experiment, and you will find what works.

Cheers

Ken

Top Bottom