Blue Dwarf Banksia (Georgenised) in a Nouveau Sceptre Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Here is the other colour of the Dwarf Banskia pod, this time on a Nouveau Sceptre kit. I really like the Dwarf Banksia, its amazing. This time it was easier to do, as I've already done the previous one and had some experience. I like the blue better as the contrast is better, but I've shown this to friends, and its 50/50. Some like red and others the blue. I would love to turn the Purple ones too, just need an order for one!! C & C most welcome.

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Blue Dwarf Banksia.jpg
    Blue Dwarf Banksia.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Blue Dwarf Banksia1.jpg
    Blue Dwarf Banksia1.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Blue Dwarf Banksia2.jpg
    Blue Dwarf Banksia2.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 131
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Beautiful Work, Sean.
Love the Dwarf Banksia from George.
Your fit and Finish is Fantastic.
I am not Familiar with the Nouveau Sceptre kit. So I have not had an opportunity to determine if I like it or not.
Your first Photograph looks fine, But the Second and to a lesser degree the Third, makes the Cap look somewhat like a Concavia, where the Cap flairs to a Larger Diameter it the top.
Is this correct? or is it an optical / photographic distortion?
BTW Sean, Welcome home, it is great to see your Pen Work again.
Regards,
Brian.

That is a beauty Sean, love the colors. Brian this pen does flair a lot at the top, tube sizes are the same diameter as a Jr, but the top tube is shorter. These are great for doing tube on castings like watch parts because of all the thickness.

Mike

robutacion

Hi Sean,

From a distance, it looks that, the bottom barrel is read and the top blue but, when looked closer, it explains why the illusion. While both barrels are from the same pod species and cast at the same time, each barrel has a different size seed holes, in the blanks that were cast with 2 short pods, they were positioned in the molds without being to worried about matching the 2 halves with pods that looked identical in the see holes size and I remember that, I had some small pods that had amazingly big see holes, I knew they would finish slightly different than the pods with small holes but I didn't think that, was a problem but rather an interesting fact that I would be looking forwards to see how people worked it out so, I'm glad you make this pen like that, the effect is great and give something else for a person to look closely at, just for being different...!

I still think that you need to make that CA coating a little glossier...!

Keep up the good work...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

tgsean

Brian, the Nouveau Sceptre cap flairs out. It actually is a nice pen. I like it. I've made a few of them now and people seem to like it a lot. Thanks everyone for the comments

Top Bottom