Blue Dragon Skin Trustone Roman Harvest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

Ok , this one i did tonight. I was not very happy with it. First it has a texture feel to it. Im guessing hard and soft spots? Also it crack when i was drilling it, I went slow and I even have 35 dollar Colt Pen makers bits! so that made me pretty mad. Also, there was a couple dots on this blank that were clear, so i could see that. Also when i was assembling the end somewhat chipped. It didnt break off but it is not smooth, just a couple scales at the top of the blank on the cap. It turned fine, i have a carbide easy wood finisher. No problem for this blank. I went super easy and slow. So if your looking for a easy trustone that stays TOGETHER. Dont buy this kind.
Anyway, enough of me. What do ya think?

Attachments

• 100_6410.jpg
    100_6410.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_6411.jpg
    100_6411.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_6412.jpg
    100_6412.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like it. I think they go pretty well together. I cant say I have seen that tru-Stone yet but it`s cool. I have had problems with black disintegrating while drilling and white cracking, pressing it together. I have had turquoise with splochy look but no clear spots.

Mark

Your finished pen looks great to me. Nicely Done.

I find that each Tru-stone has it's own character. The Dino Bone, cuts tough as nails. I end up touching up my gouge every couple of minutes. Yet the pink coral cuts like butter.

crabcreekind

It's a nice pen, but if you ask me, there are a lot of other TruStone blanks I'd get before that one. No reflection on your work at all.

Yea i did turquoise something, and wild jasper trustone on razors, but i wanted a cool one to do on this pen, and i just chose this one, probably because i needed 7/8 blank

76winger

Well, getting beyond the difficulties you had getting it completed, it sure turned out great in the end. Beautiful pen!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
James: If my two cents worth is actually worth two cents, it appears you did a good job of repair or a good job of hiding.:eek: Seriously, you know your pen better than any of us looking only at a photograph, but by the photos, it looks d### good!

Top Bottom