Blue Dragon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok.. This one is one of Jeffs (workingforwood) scrolled blanks. Its a Christmas present for my dad. This ended up being just as good as I'd HOPED and it is one of a kind. I'm not knocking the laser kits, but if you want to have something TRUELY unique, you can't beat this... (Now if the scroll saw I want would just come back into stock! I hope to try some of these completely on my own!)

Attachments

• bluedragon.jpg
    bluedragon.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 455
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wb7whi

If I understand the process you cut the blank in half and do the saw thing then glue the blank back together. Does the glue line ever show up or does it look pretty solid after turning?

RAdams

Banned
I have a tribal dragon tatto that is breathing fire dwn the back of my right hand. This pen would look REALLY nice in that hand!

Amazing work all the way around! I gotta find me one of these blanks!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks all ... To answer some questions/comments:

Ron - Keep an eye on exoticblanks.com.. Jeff has his own area and there is some blanks there often (no dragons at the moment, but who knows when that will change). I also have another dragon to turn that is a different style.

Wayne - Its BARELY noticeable.. See picture - worth more than words.

Jeff - I love it too... I'm glad you shared via your magazine articles too... I think I have them all and hope to use them for some ideas of my own.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 127

sailing_away

I really like the work on this one. Very nice blank and finished pen. Great job. I have a scroll saw and really need to try something like this. Well done.

alphageek

Former Moderator
For those of you who want to try some of the scrolling, I strongly recommend finding some of Jeffs articles. They do help with some visualization.

A little birdie tells me that someday, we might actually get to d/l PDFs of his articles from his website. (And a different little birdie tells me there may be some other new blanks coming to exotics)... I just talk to birds all day - ROFL!

PR_Princess

I was lucky enough to see this pen in person when Dean stopped in over the holidays. It is a fantastic looking pen!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I am sure that your Dad was absolutely thrilled with his gift Dean!! :biggrin::biggrin::cool:

Top Bottom