kruger

happy christmas or all

Attachments

• slim mais bleu.jpg
    slim mais bleu.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

Nice pen, also the colour is interesting. Was this blank previously stabilized with resin, or did you treat it with CA during turning ? I did my first corn today, not stabilized and those holes can be really deep.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Stabilized or not, it will still require CA during turning. And, the colored ones are a pain, cause the color comes off and the sawdust which could fill the voids is NOT colored enough to look blue.

I don't have solutions to all these issues, but I have tried the process, unsuccessfully. (To my taste)

iowacobb

colored cobs

Stabilized or not, it will still require CA during turning. And, the colored ones are a pain, cause the color comes off and the sawdust which could fill the voids is NOT colored enough to look blue.

I don't have solutions to all these issues, but I have tried the process, unsuccessfully. (To my taste)

Not all stabilized cobs will require CA during turning unless you wish to fill in the voids. I have yet to add CA to my cob blanks during the process as a method of stabilizing them.

I like to leave the voids open, but I also use friction polish as the finish. I have filled the voids before using sawdust from colored wood blanks. For example, pink ivory looks nice with natural cobs.

Just my experience,
Tim
www.iowacobb.com

Top Bottom