Blue corn cob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laspringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

laspringer

A sharpie work's alot better than other dyes that I have used. A blue corn cob was not my idea, but when I finished the corn cob it kinda grew on me and I like it. Your comments are welcome. T

200543143916_Pol_Corn_Blue.jpg

hanks Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Interesting depth of color... nice finish.. but I think the color is a bit too deep for me.. but who the hell am I to comment.. LOL.. not my pen.. It looks good on the Black TN kit though.. nice match... I have a couple of dyed stabilized cobs that River Ridge sent me the last time I had blanks done.. just long enough for an Atlas.. 2 green and 2 yellow.. gonna have to get them done soon to see how they look.

laspringer

Thanks for all the positive comments. The blue is not that dark in real life. Scanning my pens is not the best for color. The pen kit is chrome but looks black,mayby one day I will get a digital camera. Thanks Alan

3beagle78

I used a sharpie on a pen a few weeks a go and the finish would rub off onto your hands while writing. I sanded then used the sharpie and then put friction polish on. Have you had any trouble with it rubbing off. I might have to try a CA finish. Thanks

dougle40

Originally posted by 3beagle78
<br />I used a sharpie on a pen a few weeks a go and the finish would rub off onto your hands while writing. I sanded then used the sharpie and then put friction polish on. Have you had any trouble with it rubbing off. I might have to try a CA finish. Thanks

I know that I'm going to sound like a broken record here but here goes ,
I use "Turners Polish" on everything that I turn , from oily woods to "Sharpie" colored pens to my latest Celluloid pens , and I have no problems with the finish at all . It goes on easily and buffs up to a brilliant shine and you can do all the assembly right away . The pens that I've colored with Sharpies don't bleed through at all .
Just my $0.02 worth .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom