Blue Corian Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been trying out some solid materials as well as woods on this design, here is a Sea Blue Corian. It turns and

2005219194354_IMG_0905.jpg

polishes very nicely.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Yes...very nice. I have some Corian that I'm looking forward to turning. Jim, did you have to glue up the blank, or did you have some Corian that was thick enough as is?

Originally posted by Gary
<br />Yes...very nice. I have some Corian that I'm looking forward to turning. Jim, did you have to glue up the blank, or did you have some Corian that was thick enough as is?

Thanks Gary,

I had to glue it up, I used CA glue, the seam is invisible.

:)

Originally posted by Jake Byrd
<br />Wow, I love it...I will defenently have to try a Jr. Gent or 2. Also so corian...where do you guys get it?

Jake

Hi Jake,

I get my Corian from a kitchen shop, it was in the scraps they throw out, check around where you live, Corian is a very popular solid surface in kitchens, it takes very litte to make a pen blank.

Randy_

Jim: I have some corian of that very color.......pretty isn't it? I had the same question about gluing as none of my stuff is more than a half inch. I have been using it to make some pens for the FPP. The blue Corian does very nicely for the blue field of stars!!

Gregory Huey

Nice job! Jake go to a cabinet shop that does counter tops. Offer to make them a pen and pencil set from the off fall. They can give this set to the customers that buy tops from them. They will keep you very well supplied. It will help a lot if you take a set with you when you go. If you don't have any solid surface material use wood. Most cabinet shop dudes are wood junkies. I know I was one, (still am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom