Blue Circuit board for Sys Admin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So I am trying hard to enhance my photos. Here is my first attempt. This is a blue circuit board blank I got from exotics and turned for a WSIII kit. One of the System Admins I talk to quite a bit at work is always helpful when I need him. Of course it helps his name is Todd too. LOL. While my wife was using the air compressor to blow off the fans for the house, I decided to turn this for him. He told me yesterday he likes blues and greens. I think I like this blue over the WSIII blue cb from WC. The WC one is almost a baby blue, whereas this is a darker blue. Please let me know what you think, especially on the photos. The last two I think are over exposed.

bluecb.jpg bluecb2.jpg bluecb3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rich gubbin

Nice job, i did one of these in green as a present for an IT nut, had a moment when i thought i was gonna shatter the blank. I prefer slightly overexposed pics and the last 2 look fine, try some matte white card if you want to have a white background, the red stripe on the towel doesnt work for me lol.
Rich

el_d

Nice work Todd.

I can feel for you about the whole pic taking problem, I'm the same way with trying to take a decent pic. I have a thread here about my simple set up.

Hope it helps, at least till you can getup and running on the "how-to" of photography......This is how I take all my pen photos now.

ToddMR

Nice job, i did one of these in green as a present for an IT nut, had a moment when i thought i was gonna shatter the blank. I prefer slightly overexposed pics and the last 2 look fine, try some matte white card if you want to have a white background, the red stripe on the towel doesnt work for me lol.
Rich

It was a quickie this morning. So the red stripes was because I grabbed the only white thing I could find this morning at around 4:30am lol.

BSea

About the only thing I noticed (other than the background towel :rolleyes:) is that you should have wiped down the pen prior to taking the pictures. It makes a world of difference when there are no smudges or fingerprints on the pens. And black shows everything. The over all quality looks very good to me. The focus is good, and the depth of field looks great to me. Everything is in focus.

glycerine

As far as the pictures, I'd say diffuse the flash, better yet, use lighting from other angles (sides) and don't even use the flash...

Top Bottom