Blue Chunk Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichF

RichF

This is my second kitless pen. I chose a blue acrylic as the base material. The pen has a gold clip that is paired with a #5 Bock nib and feed.

For my first kitless, I sized the pen around a junior series pen length. For this pen, I tried for more of a full sized length. The pen is 5.5 inches long capped and 5.25 inches uncapped. The cap can be friction posted.

I once again learned a lot making this pen. I am still debating making a new section that is about 1/8 inch shorter.

All comments welcomed.

Rich

Attachments

• DSC02912.JPG
    DSC02912.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC02909.JPG
    DSC02909.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC02913.jpg
    DSC02913.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful !!!

Rich, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen! You picked up kitless pen making with amazing speed as this is your second !!! Amazing! The front section does seem a bit long but I like it like it that way. The gold Empire clip and gilded Bock nib look great together. Just a question...Did you have to increase the cap length some for the nib to clear the inside at the finial end? Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

Last edited:

MarkD

Outstanding job! If this is only your second kitless pen I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

RichF

Rich, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen! You picked up kitless pen making with amazing speed as this is your second !!! Amazing! The front section does seem a bit long but I like it like it that way. The gold Empire clip and gilded Bock nib look great together. Just a question...Did you have to increase the cap length some for the nib to clear the inside at the finial end? Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

Thanks Doc, I did the front section to fit my hand. It is the same length as the front section of the junior retro I use at work. After using it a little, I think it can be slightly shorter and still have the same feel.

The cap is actually a little longer than required. I could have shortened it another 3/16" and still had good clearance for the nib. I just made it a bit longer to keep the proportions where I wanted them. I debate the length for a while because I feel like the clip ends up looking a little short for the cap. I would have done a recessed clip if I would have had an appropriate gold clip to match the nib--I don't see the empire clip as being recessed due to its design. I did just got some new clip options in the mail yesterday. I suppose in need some none gilded nibs as well.:biggrin:

MartinPens

Nice work! Did you go over to Justin's place and learn from him? Looks very similar to the kitless pens he has been posting for the last several weeks or more. A very classy pen! Nice choice in materials. I'm not there yet, but maybe some day! : )

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Last edited:

bluwolf

That's a very nice job, second one or not. I went to look at your first one. There's nothing wrong with that one either. But you've done a nice job of refining the details on this one. Well done.

Top Bottom