Blue Brazilian Talow Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodale

woodale

Yes, it really is blue! Someone was looking for wood of different colors a few weeks ago, but I can't find the thread.
On a chrome Zen. "Trimmings" in the picture on left.

Attachments

• DSCN0896.jpg
    DSCN0896.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 767
  • DSCN0902.jpg
    DSCN0902.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16,173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

That's the first time i've ever seen naturally blue wood. Where did you get it? Nice job on the pen, too by the way.

Chief Hill

Lol I have one of these for sale and I had no idea what type of wood it was. Thanks now I know.

woodale

Thanks everyone.
I bought it on Ebay. It came from a vendor in Canada. Have never been able to find any information on this wood. But,:eek: just visited the ebay store and the updated listing says it is pressure treated and cured with a colored dye. Must say I am very disapointed that it is not the real color. It certainly did not feel treated, kind of like Balsa if anything.
Sorry for passing on the missinformation.
I do still like the way it looks.

GouletPens

Thanks everyone.
I bought it on Ebay. It came from a vendor in Canada. Have never been able to find any information on this wood. But,:eek: just visited the ebay store and the updated listing says it is pressure treated and cured with a colored dye. Must say I am very disapointed that it is not the real color. It certainly did not feel treated, kind of like Balsa if anything.
Sorry for passing on the missinformation.
I do still like the way it looks.
Aww, poo. Next thing you're gonna tell me is there's no Easter Bunny too.:frown:

wood-of-1kind

It could be "blue" pressure treated wood. I've seen it advertised more and more from the big box (building centres). Supposedly more effective than the pressure treated traditional 'green' stuff. Just a guess on my part.

workinforwood

It might not be naturally blue wood, but it looks good regardless. The scientist have come up with ways to dye tree's different colors. There's a powder that is put on the ground, the roots soak it up and the wood changes colors all the way through. I have still found 3 types of blue wood, although not as nice a blue as this dye job. Blue Mahoe, Blue Pine and Grapefruit...oh with..Blue Mangrove too..that's 4.

Top Bottom