Blue/black custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
John, there is no doubt that this is a beautifully made pen and the colours are great, but I'm afraid that I just can't get my head around the desire of many of the custom makers to leave out any type of re-inforcement for the threads. Your customer has already broken it once, how many times are you willing to replace it? ( unless he's paying again, of course:biggrin:)

Twissy

John, there is no doubt that this is a beautifully made pen and the colours are great, but I'm afraid that I just can't get my head around the desire of many of the custom makers to leave out any type of re-inforcement for the threads. Your customer has already broken it once, how many times are you willing to replace it? ( unless he's paying again, of course:biggrin:)

Hi Steve. I do intend to add cap bands in the future, but I must admit it will be mainly for decorative reasons. :) I don't think I could have reinforced the areas where it broke, as it was the cap threads on the barrel and the section to barrel threads. I had my doubts about the longevity of the pen, but was assured that it would be going in his collection, and not be a carry pen.
Unfortunately the customer already paid for it twice as he bought it through a pen shop I supply. I should be grateful to him really, as it took me away from the mountain of kit pens I have been making......I like making kits, but I love making customs!:)
ps. I've just seen your Olympic torch pen......awesome!!!!!

wizard

John, That is a beautiful pen in my favorite color and with the gold components..very regal looking! I'm not surprised with the PR..I too have a hard time even with enough support on threads with cracking when I'm making the pen and in one case when dropped...:rolleyes: Nevertheless, Great job on this pen!
Regards,
Doc:)

Top Bottom