Blue Bake'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Last week i was asking about threading Bakelite. I was making a Fathers day gift and wanted something special. Well the threading didnt work out, so i took the advice of a few others around here and decided to make an insert for the body threads. Its an Ebonite insert that has a tenon on the end and is recessed 1/4 inch in the body. If you look closely on the body you can just see it through the transparency of the Bakelite. I didnt want to thread this insert because i didnt want to see the threads of that through the body. This one slid in nice and easy and is glued in. The front section is the second section i have made. It is made out of Ebonite as well. I am very happy with this pen and think that it is my best yet. This pen is also the thinnest i have done at right around .55 inches in diameter.

Still not happy with my pics. They do not do this pen justice!

So this was his fathers day gift yesterday.

All comments welcome

Thanks for looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 621
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 608
  • DSC_0160.jpg
    DSC_0160.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 602
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

HE DONE GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!:) I was the lucky one to receive this pen. It is actually quite a bit darker than the pics show. And it writes smooooooooooooth also! First FP I have had since jr. high school. I won't even say how long ago that was, lol. So all you dudes and dudettes out there get to be jealous! I will try to take some pics that show how good this pen looks and post them here (don't mean to run down your pics kiddo but it looks like you were using blue light there).

Timebandit

HE DONE GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!:) I was the lucky one to receive this pen. It is actually quite a bit darker than the pics show. And it writes smooooooooooooth also! First FP I have had since jr. high school. I won't even say how long ago that was, lol. So all you dudes and dudettes out there get to be jealous! I will try to take some pics that show how good this pen looks and post them here (don't mean to run down your pics kiddo but it looks like you were using blue light there).

LOL!! Thanks dad. I was just trying to show all of those swirls in there, so i kicked the light up a bit to get them to pop. Also i did not inherit your amazing photo skills:biggrin:so i had to make due with what i have:redface:

Im glad you enjoyed it

Justin

Rounder

LOL!! Thanks dad. I was just trying to show all of those swirls in there, so i kicked the light up a bit to get them to pop. Also i did not inherit your amazing photo skills:biggrin:so i had to make due with what i have:redface:

Im glad you enjoyed it

Justin

Here is what I am seeing! Photo skills, ain't that a joke. Lucky I didn't point it at myself and break the dang thing!:eek:

Attachments

• P1030602.JPG
    P1030602.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 131
  • P1030603.JPG
    P1030603.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 131
  • P1030607.JPG
    P1030607.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 118
  • P1030608.JPG
    P1030608.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 111
  • P1030596.JPG
    P1030596.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 125

IPD_Mr

Randy - Thanks for the photos. I was thinking Justin found some glow in the dark Bakelite. Well done by both of you and Randy you should be proud. Justin has become quite skilled in a very short time.

Timebandit

Randy - Thanks for the photos. I was thinking Justin found some glow in the dark Bakelite. Well done by both of you and Randy you should be proud. Justin has become quite skilled in a very short time.

I did!:biggrin: Its radioactive to be exact! Mike I told you i had been buying up vintage material! This one came from a nuclear plant:eek:

And thanks for the compliments

Timebandit

Im glad you enjoyed it

Justin

Here is what I am seeing! Photo skills, ain't that a joke. Lucky I didn't point it at myself and break the dang thing!:eek:

There we go.... thats a LITTLE better huh....:wink: Thanks dad

Rounder

I did!:biggrin: Its radioactive to be exact! Mike I told you i had been buying up vintage material! This one came from a nuclear plant:eek:

And thanks for the compliments

MAN!!! Now I know why you were wearing that lead apron Father's Day! Your just trying to knock me off and get all my MONEY!!! Well, just so you know, I invested all my money in CREDIT CARDS!!! All kidding aside everyone, as Mr. IPD said, this fella has come a long way in a very short period of time. I am amazed every time he shows me another new pen at how well the fit and shine is. He keeps improving at the rate he is, he will have to start thinking "GUILD" I think! Could just be a proud Dad talking though. But I'm just say'in!!!

Old Lar

A great job. Very nice pen. I can't comment on the pictures until I improve my photo skills. Must be the camera.

Timebandit

LOL! Sorry for the glowing pen everyone:frown:........... next time i will just have to convince my dad to drive here from Marlin just to take a few pics and then send him on his way:biggrin:

Top Bottom