Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hard hat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hard hat

I don't have a scale that I could weigh it with so I really can't tell ya. Yes, this is the first iteration of this style. The clip was robbed from a gerber diamond pocket sharpener

08K.80

How did you put the textured part on it? I would like to try it if it isn't too difficult.:wink:
I like the blue.:biggrin:

hard hat

The texture (knurling) is produced with a tool on the metal lathe. It has two diagonally grooved wheels that run on the material producing the pattern. Pressure is increased until desired depth is reached.

Thank for the compliments.

BKelley

Super nice pen. Do you do your own anodizing or farm it out? I'm in the process of making a twist pen out of 6061 aluminum and will have to farm out anodizing.

Ben

hard hat

I did the anodizing myself. I'm not sure what alloy this is, I've got some 3/4" 6061 on hand and will be getting some 1/2" soon. This is just the stuff sold at Home Depot.

Brooks803

The 2nd blue is awesome! I liked the first one, but I LOVE this one. Now that's a blue!

Was there an issue with the anodizing on the nib bands this go around? On the middle rung it looks like either you scratched it after anodizing, or the solution didn't do as well on that one spot. No criticizing, just curious :)

hard hat

I'm not sure what happened with the one spot. It's right where the body and nose cone meet. The next one will be better, still have process improvements but I try to only change one variable at a time. This blue will get darker but I pulled it from the dye at this point because I was happy with the color.

Top Bottom