Bloodwood & Turquoise w/Different Platings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RetiredJake

RetiredJake

I had a question about chrome or copper plating for this pen. Another member stated he would like to see what it looked like with gunmetal. So, for everyone's enjoyment, I present Copper, Silver, and Gunmetal platings.

I'm looking for comments to determine if there is a consensus on the best plating for this pen/color combination. Understand, the tips are just setting there loose, no fair stating the fit is horrible.

Thanks,
Jake

Attachments

• IMG_3039_resized.JPG
    IMG_3039_resized.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3046_resized.JPG
    IMG_3046_resized.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3045_resized.JPG
    IMG_3045_resized.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I think it looks good with all three platings. I don't use copper though because it's not supposed to hold up very well. If I have to pick one, then I think I like the chrome just a little better.

Sataro

I like to use gunmetal a lot. But something about that wood seems to go better with that chrome look. So chrome would be my choice.

SDB777

Cool! Think the gunmetal makes the turquiose 'seem' brighter to the eye. But then again, I'm weird...you can ask around. People I know will tell ya:biggrin:

Scott (cool inlays) B

juteck

I like the copper, but would also be concerned about the longevity of that plating. If you had any Ti gold, I'd probably be a little more partial to that.

Top Bottom