The Blingline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rudya7

rudya7

I try and pick a different style of pen to turn each year for gifts around Christmas time. My wife, who is also my best customer since I only give away my pens, always asks me to turn a slimline in Corian for her. It doesn't matter how fancy or expensive the kits are for that year or how exotic the blanks, Buckeye or Ambonia burl, nope, it doesn't matter, she likes the slimline with Corian. I found these fancy center-bands on Ebay and I figured I'd give them a try. I was pleasantly surprised at the detail when they came in so I decided to name this one, the Blingline .

Attachments

• blingline.jpg
    blingline.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 180
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Corian makes a very nice pen , but unless you glue it together it has to be very close tolerance. Its hard to find anything 1/2 inch or over unless you glue two pieces of the same color face to face. cut it a little long and sand it just enough to score it and glue with thin CA. If you do it right , it will very hard to find a line. Or you can get some thin stuff and put a contrasting color in the middle. It comes in about 1/8 inch 3/16 inch. I started out with corian ,and would hit-up cabinet Makers installers for some scrap. If they wanted money, I would offer them a pen instead. Worked everytime. Have fun. Frank

If you glue , you would add more pieces, then cut on an angle and get a swirl. the line will thicken as you ger away from the middle, but they still look sharp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom