Blingless Harvest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom D

Tom D

Well It's been a while since I have posted any photos I guess mainly because I haven't turned a lot. This is a Blingless Harvest I got from Timberbits. I got the Blingless Harvest and Roman Harvest kits about a year ago, I have posted the Roman Harvest before but I just wanted to do a comparison. The Blingless is wrapped in Madreperlato - Burgundy and trimmed in Alternate Ebony both from Exoticblanks. The trim rings and fenial were tough but the trim on the clip was a challenge (pain in the rear). The photos don't do the pen justice, when it is in the light the burgundy really pops and the black sets it off nicely. Comments and criticisim welcomed. (how else are we to get better) One photo is a little washed out but I wanted to show off the Burgundy blank like it should be.

Attachments

• IMGP4753.jpg
    IMGP4753.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMGP4772_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4772_edited-1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 233
  • IMGP4775_edited-2.jpg
    IMGP4775_edited-2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMGP4760_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4760_edited-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMGP4762_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4762_edited-1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

A very nice job on the blingless Roman Harvest. They can certainly be a challange as you say. I can only imagine the fun it was making the clip insert.

Well worth your effort and I love the way it turned out.

OKLAHOMAN

Today Tom came for a visit and I saw both of these in person, the clip on the blingless is nothing short of perfect. We had a very nice visit and hope to get together again in the future as Tom comes into OKC for traning at the FAA.

Tom D

I sure did and what a visit it was. Roy is just fantastic. I saw things that kept me drooling all the way back to OKC. Roy sent me home with some goodies including a Texas size pine cone. Roy has a fantastic shop I can only wish that mine was half as organized. I saw the scrimshaw blanks and they are unreal. I can't wait to get home to do some turning, seeing Roy's stuff has gotten the creative juices flowing. I can't wait for a return trip.
Thanks for having me to your home and your shop Roy, and also for all the pointers.

Tom

Top Bottom