Bling Slim, or Oh Nuts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi all, My latest from the brass pipe fitting box. I also put a copper ring in both ali bits. One of the ali bits was originally copper with an ali ring, but I wrecked it:( I reduced the size of the nuts using a router and the index ring.

2007331141440_blingopen.jpg

200733114164_blingclosed.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

That's very slick. Your shop must look more like a plumber's shop than a woodworking shop with all the brass fittings you seem to have.[:D]

wudnhed

OMG, so inventive and beautiful!!! I love the fact that you use the nuts instead of plastic fittings that come with most kits, yours will probably never wear out[:D] Love it!!!

Mikey

I like the concept and it does look great, but there is something about the sudden and substantial change in diameter that doesn't agree with me. Of course, myabe it is just the photo playing tricks on my eyes. It does look really good though.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for complimentary comments, [:D]but I think you guys are a bit too kind. This is not one of my favourites and will probably just go in my collection case with the rest of my experiments.

Chris and Eric, I really don't think that a pen made from odds and sods is worthy of a tutorial, but I normally do take pics during the process. So if you really want, just send me an e-mail and I'll show you how simple they are. There are pics in my album that show how I use a router on my lathe.

Mikey, I agree with you 100% about the size issue. But like you mentioned, it was the concept that I'm playing with. I was attempting a load of different methods for me to try out.

Cheers.

johncrane

Now l can see many hours work here Steve!!the time just fly's when your having so much fun, like Phil said it won't roll off your desk it will probably disappear from your desk!! ps looks great Steve.[;)][:p][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom