"bling"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Special order Majestic Jr. fountain pen. Customer wanted lots of sparkle, 78 Swarovski crystals epoxied into pockets drilled into blanks. with clip crystal makes 79. 18k nib from Lou. You will love or hate this pen, customer :)love$$$:) it, bottom line, lol. Pen does look better in person, crystals have more sparkle than what picture shows. All comments welcome and appreciated, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• pens 024.jpg
    pens 024.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 517
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

If the customer likes it that is all that counts. I think I would have done something more random and not linier like that. Or maybe formed a couple diamond shapes around the pen. But the customer is always right. Nice work.

CaptG

If the customer likes it that is all that counts. I think I would have done something more random and not linier like that. Or maybe formed a couple diamond shapes around the pen. But the customer is always right. Nice work.

At first he just wanted it as full of stones as possible, just straight up and down lines. After I eased back on the crystals and put the light spiral on the lines, he decided this is better. Phewwww , I'm glad, lol.

jttheclockman

At first he just wanted it as full of stones as possible, just straight up and down lines. After I eased back on the crystals and put the light spiral on the lines, he decided this is better. Phewwww , I'm glad, lol.

You never know what sells. I was just looking at one somewhere on one of these sites that had the entire pen full of stones and it was not casted so the stones were what you felt. Take to hollywood and am sure it would sell big time. Bling is in. :)

JohnU

Wow! thats one way of making that acrylic blank jump out at you! Your time and efforts really stand out on this one. Not one stone looks out of place. Everything works well together. Congrats on all that work!

CaptG

You never know what sells. I was just looking at one somewhere on one of these sites that had the entire pen full of stones and it was not casted so the stones were what you felt. Take to hollywood and am sure it would sell big time. Bling is in. :)

I tried casting a carbon fiber blank set with a row of these clear crystals, the crystals turned invisible, just disappeared in the pr.

RAdams

Banned
WOW... Bling fo sho!

My first two thoughts as i read this thread were:

How many index slots does your lathe have... and
This pen is for a man?

suprises all the time in this fun we call selling pens!

CaptG

WOW... Bling fo sho!

My first two thoughts as i read this thread were:

How many index slots does your lathe have... and
This pen is for a man?

suprises all the time in this fun we call selling pens!

No index slots on the lathe, did it all by hand.......ok, I used my legacy Revo ornamental mill. Took 15 minutes to put all the holes in. Took longer to epoxy the crystals in. And yes, this pen is for a man. I can not mention his name, but rich and famous and lives in a big, glitzy city where this kind of bling is in style.

Top Bottom