Blank by Johnny CNC, method by Doc!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Padre

Padre

Well, I finally took my first stab at doing one of Johnnycnc's aluminum blanks. Reading Doc's "Another Shiny Thingy" really helped. And John Goodin....thank you for your invaluable help too!

Comments, good and/or bad welcome.
stainlessslim1.jpg

The pen draws dust and small itsy-bitsy hairs like a magnet!!!! I used gloves, paper towels and a camera-lens cleaner, but you can still see the dust. Sorry.

stainlessslim.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Love your Pen,

Suggest a wipe with or spray and wipe with anti static something.

Let us know in 6mths how the surface stands up, looks, behaves. We spend a real lot of time and effort over plating on pens sincere desire how beaut is it after continuous use.

I know ally Anodises perfectly and in the big country you live it its worth a flick, quite cheap.

Thank you for your invitation to comment.

Kind regards Peter.

PS remains an all time favourite shape, the real test for me is hand it unannounced to a member of the fairer sex, observe their reaction my experience without coaching on any part of the pen is total acceptance more so than any other shape. Now with men big and bold seems to win the day.

Padre

Wow! Very nice! :)
Was it difficult turning?

For me, yes. :redface: It took me about two hours of turning, sanding, polishing, re-sanding, polishing and polishing some more. The only step I added to Doc's was I did a final polish with Autosol polish I got from JohnnyCNC.

Also, John gave me a GREAT tip. If the tool start to chatter in the least, IMMEDIATELY pull it away. If you don't you will put "dents" in the aluminum that are near impossible to get out.

LeeR

I think you should send it to me and I'll keep it clean for you!!

I'll go one better. I'll try a number of different cleaning products, and report back the results over the next couple years. I promise to return it at the end of the tests, assuming that a couple of years is enough for a thorough testing procedure ...

PM me ...

:wink:

wizard

Chip, Beautiful !!! You did great! Really like the profile of the pen and the surface is really smooth. John is an invaluable resource in so many ways and is always willing to help. I have not been brave enough to do a slimline much less in aluminum like you. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom