"BLANK CANVAS"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Two from north of the border and one from Oklahoma we have a three way collaboration of blanks now called "BLANK CANVAS'. The artist (Jessie) uses the tubes as her canvas and then the artist (Marla) cast the tubes into blanks and then the old Italian tries his best to equal both of the aforementioned artist by turning them into pens. As always all comments welcome, A special thanks to Marla and Jessie.

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3033-1.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

The first one looks much like the prints from the Audubon Society. The second one is my favorite. Fine work all the way around. I think you have a new winner there.

turbowagon

Great work by all involved! And the end result is even greater than the sum of its parts.

What a nice collaboration!

wood-of-1kind

ROY, this is just a beautiful writing "masterpiece". Remember when Jonathan (don't hear from him anymore) used to offer these? Your collaborative work is even more impressive.

OKLAHOMAN

Marla,Jessie and I all thank each one for your kind words, and Peter yes I do remember Jonathan and miss him and others who no longer hang out here, on the first PITH a number of years ago, he was my recipient and was I honored when he said it sits on his piano.

IPD_Mr

Remember when Jonathan (don't hear from him anymore) used to offer these? Your collaborative work is even more impressive.

I remember Jonathan as well. He had a couple of newspaper write ups as well as a local TV news segment done on his work. Would love to know he is doing alright. Maybe he got back into his music full time.

Jester777

Damn thats nice - how many hours per pen from start to finish Roy?

The pens take me roughly an hour and a half to paint, depending on the image. The cranes took me a little longer, about two. This is Jessie, and thank you for all the kind comments I'm so lucky to be working with two such talented people as Roy and Marla.

wizard

Roy , Those are gorgeous and unique pens.....love the lighter looking one with the crane. They look like a Oklahoman version of Maki-E.....Great job by you and your collaborators. Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom