Blackwood & Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

First is a Blackwood Elegant Sierra with sapwood. CA Finish

The second pen is a Corian pen segment. The Corian was new to me. A few different material to turn. Thanks to everyone in the "Plastic Newbie" thread. The Corian came out like marble! A final planning cut with the skew and then straight to the MM. Seriously nice look and feel. Too bad my photo didn't come out right.

Both blanks came in a box from snyiper. A very cool trade!

Attachments

• Pens 002.jpg
    Pens 002.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Pens 003.jpg
    Pens 003.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Pens 004.jpg
    Pens 004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Pens 005.jpg
    Pens 005.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Pens 010.jpg
    Pens 010.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Two very good pens. the shadows cause problems as does the highlights on the surface. Depth of field could be greater also. Try setting up a reflector to drive some light below the pens. That should help kill the dark shadows and reduce the effect of the highlights. M .02 worth. Trying to be helpful, not critical.
Charles

snyiper

Nice looking pens Peter, Youll soon be hooked on the corian. I think you will find it has some great colors and makes great center bands....They even have a simulated burl I believe.

kludge77

Nice looking pens Peter, Youll soon be hooked on the corian. I think you will find it has some great colors and makes great center bands....They even have a simulated burl I believe.

You're right about that! I already have another blank glued up. I can't wait to cover myself with counter dust and resharpen my tools 7 times per blank!

Seriously though, well worth any pain in turning. That pen has a great feel to it.

Top Bottom