Black Zirconium Puzzle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

mrburls

Just when you think you have just seen the best, along comes another outstanding creation.

Outstanding work Bruce.

This is what I like about this site, the talent of the members of the IAP just amazes me.

Keith

Ozzy

Bruce, there's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said; so I'll just say: WOW!!!!! That is one of the most awesome pens that I have ever seen.

workinforwood

Dont know how I missed this baby! Once again you prove you are the best of the best...50 miles ahead of Skip who is 100 miles or more ahead of anyone else I know! I'm so jealous of you metal freaks! I'm selling everything...moving the wife and kids into a cardboard box and buying the biggest darn CNC you ever saw.

jskeen

That has simply got to rank up there in the top 100 pens ever produced by anyone anytime by any technology. That will go up against anything that a certain pair of brothers, or the Japanese "Living Treasures" produce with no apologies at all. I would seriously suggest that you look in to a two tiered sales approach on that. A limited number of hand made by you masterworks, at astronomical prices, and a second tier manufactured line at prices that are merely staggering. You really need to be sure to wring all the return you can out of the (obviously enormous) number of hours spend developing that.

bitshird

Was it fun cutting the Zirconium?? Bruce that pen is amazing, TI I can see, it can be cast, but to make a pen out of Zirconium is absolutely unreal, When are you going to do one out of carbide? I thought the Zirconium rings I've seen were cool but a ring is pretty simple, with Diamond or CBN tooling, but How did you cut this with a Laser?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't care what ANYONE says, you are the ONLY person that uses CNC as an art form.:eek:
You might only make a pen once in a blue moon, but you sure do make up for it!!!!!

Now how about sending some of your 'rejects' my way:wink:

Last edited:

Hayseedboy

I'd like to know what you price that one at!!! VERY KEWL!!!!!!!!

Your work simply amazes me and this tops all of those previous!

Larry

btboone

Thanks guys. I'm still trying to calculate the final price. I'm making some now and looking at my labor and materials. I don't think it will be that cheap, as in likely over $1000, but less than $2000. I also need to consider if dealers were to carry it. I don't want the pens to become a burden to have to make instead of rings, but I don't want to price myself out of the market either. They do take a ton of time to make and finish, and I need to be careful because I'm normally slammed with rings during the summer.

bad

Bruce:
I'm seriously depressed. After seeing that work of art I may never make another pen again. But then again, as long as my customers don't see that pen ....
Seriously, your timing is a little off. A year ago when oil was over $100 you could have priced that at about $4,000 to $5,000 and I could have sold a dozen of them easily to the oil and gas executives here in Calgary. What a difference a year makes eh? When you decide on a final price and have a couple to sell send me a pm with some pictures and I'll circulate them to a couple of friends. Even with the price of oil where it is now you never know.

ashaw

Bruce a couple of thoughts. First try to talk to Nancy Olsen at stylus. I know you have been in Stylus before. First make sure you go to Atlanta this march with a couple of those. As far a Price it is at least in the $3,000 to $5,000 range retail. I you go to Atlanta I will see you there. Wonderful pen.

ahoiberg

bruce, that is simply phenomenal. you're giving skiprat a run for his money ;)
very, very, very well done. i hope you are successful in marketing that, but i doubt it'll be hard to sell. keep it up man!

Top Bottom