Black and Yellow custom order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello folks.

Here is one I finished today, a custom order made with black acrylic and black and yellow swirl acrylic. Black trim on the cap, with a yellow inlay on the ends of the cap and barrel. As usual for my pens, it is a cartridge/converter pen.

This one is a bit special, as the one who commissioned it requested (and supplied) an 18K gold Broad nib from Meisternibs. As Brian was out of his usual all-gold tone B nibs, he kindly supplied this lovely Edison nib.

Sure makes me want to make another of the same....for me :rolleyes:

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Comments welcome!

Cheers,

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I just don't think it gets much better than this. Some might ask about a clip, but I think it would truly take away from the overall beauty of your work here. Color me impressed!

drgoretex

Thanks for all the kind comments!

I just don't think it gets much better than this. Some might ask about a clip, but I think it would truly take away from the overall beauty of your work here. Color me impressed!

I tend to agree (a clip can break up the form of the pen) though I have to admit that most of the pens I use myself have clips - so they can stay in my shirt pocket.

Ken

wizard

Ken, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen !!! Beautiful combination of materials and very appealing design. Hmmm....when you are making yours ..can I throw in an order for one with a red swirl :biggrin:. Doc:)

drgoretex

Ken, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen !!! Beautiful combination of materials and very appealing design. Hmmm....when you are making yours ..can I throw in an order for one with a red swirl :biggrin:. Doc:)

Heh...I was actually thinking of making a set of these in different colours just for the fun of it (including one in black with black and red ebonite). Would look cool together, and who knows, might spark some interest.

Cheers,

Ken

Papo

Simple and beautiful great job Ken
This is the kind of work that deserves to be on the front page because of its beauty
Not because of who made it.

Top Bottom