black & whites and my 1st kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

Im loving this black and white acrylic(?) right now. Tubes and blank (reverse) painted black. Done 3 of these Jeff Powell blanks now (MJ, nuclear and unicorn) and they are fantastic! Great to work and look incredible when finished. My pic doesn't come close to doing the nuke clicker justice. Also my first 2 ebonite pens. Brown ripple on the Virage just to see how it drilled and turned, std black ebonite on my first kitless! I kinda stumbled my way thru this one, and its got plenty of issues, but somehow the end product doesnt look too bad.:tongue: You might notice the feed holder sticking out a bit; trashed those threads. Good friction fit tho.:rolleyes: Learned alot, but I will dig up a tutorial for my 2nd kitless.
C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking!
John

Attachments

• blkwhtgrp.jpg
    blkwhtgrp.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 330
  • blkwhtgrp2.jpg
    blkwhtgrp2.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 277
  • jpclick2jpg.jpg
    jpclick2jpg.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

That is a great acrylic to work with. Great set of pens, very rich looking... How about the plunger on the clicker? Just a shell of acrylic over top? It is pretty neat and I bet it feels nice on the finger

redwd707

How about the plunger on the clicker? Just a shell of acrylic over top? It is pretty neat and I bet it feels nice on the finger

Thank you, ya, it's just a little hat epoxied on there. Never tried this before so I'll hafta test drive it for awhile and see if it stays on. Seems solid though.

BSea

I love that extra touch on the plunger. The clicker is just about my favorite pen, and that will be on the next one I do. Great Idea.

EDIT: You can also get the clicker from Lau Lau woods. And they have it in Gold Ti and Rhodium.

Last edited:
I really like the clicker mod. That's gotta be a real eye catcher with the ladies. That blank is one of my all-time favorites. Different color paint makes all the difference.

Top Bottom