Black with White swatches kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This is a blank from Wolftat. One of a small box full of cool blanks. I put some aluminum bands on it, and I'll call it a pen. Heritance (small) nib Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

One of the nicest original pens I've seen here in a very long time!

Nice clean lines, and just the right amount of hardware embellishment. The front section looks long enough to use and be comfortable. The cap gap and closed pen looks well done and the contours well matched.

I also like the end of the pen. Is it just decoration? Or does the indent serve a purpose (hard to tell, looking at the photo on a smart phone)? It looks postable.... Not that a lot of people post the nibbies....BUT, it looks very fashionable.

Nicely done!

Phunky_2003

That is a sweet pen. Love the blank too.

I have a question about how the cap is done. Is that like an insert that presses in for the cap threads?

I really like that, nice work... one of the nicest I've seen!

Last edited:

bluwolf

Nice job Chuck. That really is a great looking blank. And I really like the accent bands too.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
now i like that Chuck. thats eye catching
Thanks Brad. It certainly caught my eye even before it was turned.
Great job Chuck! Neil did pretty good too!
Thanks Derek. Neil is really sharp in his lab.:biggrin:

One of the nicest original pens I've seen here in a very long time!

Nice clean lines, and just the right amount of hardware embellishment. The front section looks long enough to use and be comfortable. The cap gap and closed pen looks well done and the contours well matched.

I also like the end of the pen. Is it just decoration? Or does the indent serve a purpose (hard to tell, looking at the photo on a smart phone)? It looks postable.... Not that a lot of people post the nibbies....BUT, it looks very fashionable.

Nicely done!
Thanks Andy. I do like to change up when making finials, just to try something different. Not too sure about this one. The end of the body is pretty much decoration. I have yet to make a postable pen, but I might have to try that out. Just to say, I did it.

That is a sweet pen. Love the blank too.

I have a question about how the cap is done. Is that like an insert that presses in for the cap threads?

I really like that, nice work... one of the nicest I've seen!
Thanks James. I put one band on a tenon. If you look at the tutorial "Adding bands to your caps" you'll see how easy it is. Then drill and tap the threads.

Nice one Chuck. Only thing I would change out is the color of the nib to match the hardware.
Thanks Bruce. I've been undecided about this issue, so I thought I would see how this looks. I'm inclined to agree with you.

Nice job Chuck. That really is a great looking blank. And I really like the accent bands too.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I kind of like the look with accents.

Thanks to all for your comments!

chriselle

That is one cool pen Chuck. I have the whole kitless thing down pretty tight now thanks to good guys like you. Once I get some more free time to experiment I'm going to start delving into some of your banding techniques. Cheers pal.

IPD_Mr

OK I will be the odd man out on this one. :rolleyes: Shape looks good, got to love the blank, but I see a small issue for me with the cap. Where the center band is, the blank pattern has a large amount of white and the thin center band seems to disappear in the blank. It could also be the photo that give it that illussion. I can't say without seeing the pen. I think the center band should have been 2-3 times wider than it is now. That would also give you an area for engraving or personalization. Anyway that is just a personal observation and not a technical one. :tongue:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is one cool pen Chuck. I have the whole kitless thing down pretty tight now thanks to good guys like you. Once I get some more free time to experiment I'm going to start delving into some of your banding techniques. Cheers pal.
Thanks Chris. I have no doubt about your pens. I look forward to seeing the results of those experiments.

Awesome pen Chuck! I really like the looks of that one. Well done!
Thanks Marshall!

I really like that, Chuck! The bands are a perfect touch! Nice work!
Thanks Robert. Glad you like the bands too.

OUTSTANDING pen! I really like the way the blank and the chrome work together ... very classy!
Thanks Kevin.

Funny how it works out cuz that what I call a pen too, very well done!!!
Thanks Glenn! Doesn't come close to your masterpiece on the front page:biggrin:
Incredible. I've got to get my taps and start making these one day
Thanks John. Get the taps & dies, and jump in.:wink:

Wow sweet pen.
Thanks friend!

Look awesome Chuck.

YOU DA MAN!!.......(now go do your strut).......
Thanks Lupe. I'll hurt myself trying to strut :biggrin:

Pretty good.........for an old guy! :wink:
Thank you.......young man:rolleyes::biggrin:

OK I will be the odd man out on this one. :rolleyes: Shape looks good, got to love the blank, but I see a small issue for me with the cap. Where the center band is, the blank pattern has a large amount of white and the thin center band seems to disappear in the blank. It could also be the photo that give it that illussion. I can't say without seeing the pen. I think the center band should have been 2-3 times wider than it is now. That would also give you an area for engraving or personalization. Anyway that is just a personal observation and not a technical one. :tongue:
Thanks Mike......always glad to have your input on my pens....you know that.:wink: I'll have to talk to Neil about putting too much white in one place :biggrin::biggrin::tongue:

Chuck: WOW! All I can say is WOW! One beautiful piece of play/work :) :) Oh, by the way, did I say WOW? joe
Thanks Joe! Did you say WOW? :biggrin:

wizard

Chuck, Absolutely beautiful pen! I love the way you do the bands..lol...always fun trying to catch up with you! Regards, Doc:)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome pen. Truly stunning.
Thanks Ray!

Chuck, Absolutely beautiful pen! I love the way you do the bands..lol...always fun trying to catch up with you! Regards, Doc:)
Thanks Doc. I'm sweating bullets trying to keep pace.:biggrin:

Oustanding pen Chuck!! I really love the color of the pen as well.
Thanks Ernie! The blank caught my eye immediately. Soon going to turn one of yours.:wink:

Top Bottom