Black and White Mokume

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
This pen was a few firsts for me. The first M3 blank i've turned and first closed end pen. I got the blank from Richard during the birthday bash. Man it turned like butter. The closed in part was quite a bit more difficult. Considering I don't have a collet chuck and my Nova was to big to mount my homeade pin chuck. So I put it in the jacobs chuck. Was a little scary turning at full speed with no tail stock. It also took a few hours to get the blank lined up. My brain was totally fried during that. But all in all I really like it.

It also has a roller righter from Indy-Pen-Dance installed in it.

Attachments

• M3 (1).JPG
    M3 (1).JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 289
  • M3.JPG
    M3.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

I love it!! It's even more great that you picked an M3 blank as your first closed end pen and did it without a mandrel!!!! Great job!!! Thanks for showing. Doc

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I love it!! It's even more great that you picked an M3 blank as your first closed end pen and did it without a mandrel!!!! Doc

Well Doc, I was pretty nervous attempting it on a M3. But I thought what's the worst that can happen, ruin a $30.00 blank:eek:. Now I need to get a collet chuck so I can get rid of the gold piece on top of the cap.

Top Bottom