Black and White Kali FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I was fortunate enough to pick up this amazing set of tubes from Dawn and Ed. Toni worked her magic and created the black and white Kali PC for the Jr. series. These were a little different as they required some sizing down through turning. After micromeshing, I applied 10 coats of thin CA, micromeshed again and scratch remover with Ren Wax. A beauty that may find it's way into a personal collection....mine.
36671_434670905691_142460600691_6373072_5441272_n.jpg

36671_434670915691_142460600691_6373073_7050481_n.jpg

36671_434670925691_142460600691_6373074_1021027_n.jpg

36671_434670930691_142460600691_6373075_896445_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Hey, that's really cool, I wonder who came up with that idea? Beautifully executed too. Is the brown color in pics 2 and 3 a photographic artifact, or is it really there? cause the pen looks 100% black and white in the other two pics. I like the way you centered the ball on the clip in that design, that really makes it look like the blank was designed specifically for that kit.

Last edited:

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Sometimes we make something that is just too good to pass on to others :) That sure fits the bill, keep it hehe :) cheers ~ John

Buzzzz4

Hey, that's really cool, I wonder who came up with that idea? Beautifully executed too. Is the brown color in pics 2 and 3 a photographic artifact, or is it really there? cause the pen looks 100% black and white in the other two pics. I like the way you centered the ball on the clip in that design, that really makes it look like the blank was designed specifically for that kit.

That kit was too perfect for these blanks. There is an area of golden brown in the middle of it. I'm not sure if it's intentionally there, but I like where it's placed.

Thanks for all the great comments!

MartinPens

Fabulous pen! I just got a Toni blank this last week. Thanks for the hints on how to finish it. And where did you buy the pen kit of this style? Great work and great photos.

Martin

Toni

Eric~you did an incredible job with the blanks. I am so happy you showed it. I had no idea when I made that blank what it would look like!! A treasure for sure.

Time to make more Kali canes:biggrin:

The brown you see is actually gold and there was no Maori influence whatsoever.

Buzzzz4

Thanks again for the comments. The components are a Jr. Retro from CSUSA. I really liked the look, but CSUSA has put them on closeout. The only ones left are a Rhodium rollerball and a 10K rollerball.

Kaspar

Eric~you did an incredible job with the blanks. I am so happy you showed it. I had no idea when I made that blank what it would look like!! A treasure for sure.

Time to make more Kali canes:biggrin:

I've always thought there was at least as much potential in the kali canes as with the flower stuff. And maybe more.

Do you have a picture of the back? I'm curious as to how the joining of the pattern at the back came out.

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

I could definitely see amazing potential. With this pen, there doesn't seem to be a seam. It is matched up very well. The front and back are in the pics with the cap off showing one side of the body and the cap on showing the other side of the body.

I've always though there was at least as much potential in the kali canes as with the flower stuff. And maybe more.

Do you have a picture of the back? I'm curious as to how the joining of the pattern at the back came out.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Buzz (Eric),

I believe James and Toni HAVE conversed in emails, and what you are seeing is "playful teasing" not mean-spirited, in the slightest.

Kaspar

I could definitely see amazing potential. With this pen, there doesn't seem to be a seam. It is matched up very well. The front and back are in the pics with the cap off showing one side of the body and the cap on showing the other side of the body.

Ah, I didn't the full gist of your original post (my fault.) So Toni did the tubes, and of course she would nail the join in the back. That is really an amazing pen. I honestly like the Kali pens much more than the girlie pens. IMNHO, I just don't think the colors of the flower pens work well with most of the kits. Now, closed end, they'd be awesome, but that'd be a bit of a trick. The Kali canes just look more appropriate for a lot of the kit platings. They strike me as more ... serious.

CaptG

Very nice Eric. You will be making your own tubes next. I can see you slipping deeper into the dark side. Keep up the good work.

phillywood

Eric, the guys before me gave you all the praise, so I don't know what to tell you that wasn't already said. However, there are lots of nice guys here on the site and they have done nice things for the newbies. You can join their ranks and since my birthday is coming up, just send me that pen and let me admire it in close proximity. then, I can send you all the pic.s that you want me admiring it. :eek::biggrin::wink: Like, really!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just pushing the envelop here....:rolleyes:
Or, Maybe not.

Buzzzz4

Eric, the guys before me gave you all the praise, so I don't know what to tell you that wasn't already said. However, there are lots of nice guys here on the site and they have done nice things for the newbies. You can join their ranks and since my birthday is coming up, just send me that pen and let me admire it in close proximity. then, I can send you all the pic.s that you want me admiring it. :eek::biggrin::wink: Like, really!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just pushing the envelop here....:rolleyes:
Or, Maybe not.

Phillip,
That sounds like a fantastic idea, but then I saw another thread where it looks like you have gotten some great birthday gifts already. I wouldn't want you to get too spoiled here.

Buzzzz4

Very nice Eric. You will be making your own tubes next. I can see you slipping deeper into the dark side. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Gary.
I passed by your exit twice today, but no chance of stopping in unfortunately. I...must.....not....slip.... But a day of fishing does sound good.

Freethinker

Simply amazing.

A true beauty...........aside from the home grown creations of people like Butch and Skiprat, this Kali pen may be my all time favorite.

Top Bottom