Black and white

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

I think this wood came from Big Rob in a raffle i won a few months ago,finally got up the nerve to make a pen out of it.

200725205424_100_0713.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

martyb

Blackwood with sapwood. VERY nicely done.
I've worked lots of blackwood, I really like turning it. I've got a piece w/sapwood from BigRob as well, just haven't decided which kit to pair it with.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow, I like it. Serious contrasts.
It almost looks like the ink leaked over it[:D]
I'm glad you chose a black kit, good match

guts

Thanks all for the compliments,Gerry,you don't know how close I came to using a chrome kit on this pen,sure glad I did'nt.

RogerGarrett

What is great about this pen, beyond the choice/selection of wood (the sap wood really makes it!), is the finish. You can't screw up a black pen and expect anyone to not see it.

Good job!

Best wishes,
Roger Garrett

BigRob777

Hi Bill,
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to have to invest in some black kits, as I have tons of this material. You really did a nice job with it too. I have customers who want only blackwood with sapwood, no all-black. I have to admit, I like it better than pure black too. Do you mind if I use this link in my next ad? Let me know if you need more.
Rob

bgray

If you would have told me that you were making an african blackwood pen with a black kit, I would have said "nah....go with rhodium...."

But after seeing it, I gotta say that it's really fantastic! Better than rhodium. Great job, and great finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom