Black Walnut Streamline Americans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

My wife's uncle, 86 and still running his own business, sent me a peice a Black Walnut that came from a tree that had grown in their yard. So, I made two Platinum Streamline American rollerballs, CA finish, for him and his wife. I still have quite a bit left is anyone would like some, very plain wood, but he really likes it.

20063342812_PICT0081-1.jpg

Comments good or bad are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coloneluw

Nice pens. The linear, parallel lines of those pens are a nice escape from most of the pens people are turning. a very modern, artistic approach from the curved norm. (which as a new turner, i find turning curved much easier to accomplish than very straight! of course without a sanding stick) Also, NO exotic wood can out-price the value of a memory.

alamocdc

Look to be heirlooms for sure. While Walnut can be a bit plain (by penmaking standards), some of us really like it. I've done a number of pens in Walnut and have plenty of stock, but thanks for the offer.

Rifleman1776

Absolutely beautiful. I believe Walnut to be the King of woods. But many here pass on it in favor of fancy and exotics. I even tried giving away walnut blanks here, no takers. As you demonstrate, by itself, it is a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom