Black Walnut Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmiket91

jmiket91

Well, this is my first TBC pen. I'm much more satisfied with the finished result from TBC than turning with a mandrel. This pen is made from Black Walnut (that I bought from Forgotten Woods....The Starbucks of wood turning, but I love that place.), put on a Jr. Gent black titanium kit. This is my first Jr. Gent, too. The pen was sanded from 150-600, BLO/CA finish, MM-12000, HUT plastic polish, and then a little bit more BLO just for kicks.

On a side note, I may be going crazy, but in the second picture, it looks like the longer barrel has tons of random ridges on it, but in real life, it's completely smooth.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

That is a great looking pen. I am wanting to try tbc but am waiting until I get a lathe with a MT2. I haven't turned a Jr. Gent yet but I want to. I really like the looks of it.

Jamie

Bree

I wish the PICs were a little better cuz I love this kind of pen and yours looks great from what I can tell.
:wink::wink::wink:

jmiket91

I wish the PICs were a little better cuz I love this kind of pen and yours looks great from what I can tell.
:wink::wink::wink:

You think the second picture is too dark? I have no fancy photo tent or anything, and it's dark outside, so I can't go outside and get good light. Hmm...I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments!

jttheclockman

Lose the wood background it blends in. Try using a blank white sheet of paper and you will be surprised what a difference any camera will do.

Top Bottom