Black Walnut Burl Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Here are 2 pens I turned from a piece od Black Walnut Burl I just purchased. I crosscit the wood to produce these 2 pens and got 16 more blanks out of the piece of wood.
1st is a Slimline and the 2nd is a Round Top European. The Pen on the right is sitting on the same kind of burl I turned it out of.
They look much beeter than these pics will show.
As always comments are welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Pen looks good from what is able to see. Just a suggestion never place a pen on top of a slab of wood the same color. Blends right in and does not make a clear photo. Try for a different neutral background. The focus is on the pen and not the background. Too many props take away from the photo also. Just an opinion. Keep them coming.,

Seer

I agree with the background just thought I would show you the wood with it. This is the wood I got for $4 a piece. Got some very nice blanks out of it and plan to get more this week for other projects.

jyreene

That's a good looking wood. From the advice above all I can add is a white background would show more of the pen off as well as allow more light to reflect off of the pen. I've seen people make those little photo boxes that companies use for advertising out of cardboard and paint (when the box wasn't white).

Top Bottom